Stardog Academy Training Services (“SATS” or “Training Services”) Terms and Conditions
For Customers who have a current Software License Agreement (“SLA”) with Stardog, that SLA as supplemented by these Terms and Conditions will govern those Customers’ use of the Training Services. For Customers purchasing SATS using a credit card or ACH bank transfer, the following terms and conditions will govern those Customers’ purchase and use of the Training Services.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time, but only the version current at the time of purchase will apply to the Customer.
As used in these Terms and Conditions:
“Stardog” means the applicable Stardog entity for the Training Services transaction
“Customer” means the entity or individual which is a party to a Software License Agreement with Stardog, or in the absence of an SLA, the entity or individual who agrees to these Terms and Conditions
“Software License Agreement” means that current end-user license agreement entered between Customer and Stardog under which Customer may purchase Training Services
“SATS” means Stardog Academy Training Services
“Training Services” means those eligible education products and services intended to train Customer on the use of Stardog products
“Training Courses” means all forms of SATS instructor-led courses delivered virtually or in-person and courses made available on-demand
“Custom Training” means Training Services engagements delivered by an Stardog Consultant or Instructor and billed at an hourly rate
“Course Materials” means written, electronic, or other materials distributed for use by course participants including but not limited to all patent rights, copyrights, trademark rights, and trade secret rights
“No Show” means not attending a course in which Customer was enrolled and did not cancel prior to the Start Date of the course
General Terms applicable to Training Services for Credit Card purchases
- Payment of Fees. Customer must pay any applicable fees according to the payment terms on any applicable ordering document prior to the start of the Training session. Stardog may charge interest at a monthly rate equal to the lesser of 1% per month or the maximum rate permitted by applicable law on any overdue fees, from the due date until the date the overdue amount (plus applicable interest) is paid in full. Stardog may, in its sole discretion, terminate the applicable Training Services for non-payment of fees invoiced.
- No assignment. Customer may not assign, voluntarily, by operation of law or otherwise, any rights or obligations to Training Services without the prior, written consent of Stardog. Any (attempted) assignment in derogation of this section will be null and void.
- Relationship. The parties intend that each party is an independent contractor of the other.
- Trade Compliance. Customer acknowledges that the Training Services may be subject to the trade control laws and regulations of the United States and other national governments, and Customer will comply with these laws and regulations.
- Choice of Law. Any dispute arising out of the Training Services is governed, construed, and enforced under the laws of the state of Virginia, without regard to its principles of conflict of laws.
- Warranty disclaimer. The Training Services are provided as-is without any warranties, stated or implied.
- Limitation of Liability. Stardog will not be liable to Customer for any special, indirect, moral, consequential, incidental, punitive, or exemplary damages; loss of profits; loss of reputation, use, or revenue; loss or corruption of data; or interruption of business. Stardog’s total liability in any matter arising out of or related to the Training Services is limited to US $100 or the aggregate amount that Customer paid for access to the Training Services during the three-month period preceding the event giving rise to the liability, whichever is larger.
- Entire Agreement. No amendment, change, discharge, or waiver to the Training Services will be effective unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the party against whom the modification is asserted. These Terms and Conditions along with the applicable order constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the Training Services and replace any prior agreements, discussions, and understandings.
- Proprietary and Confidential Information. Customer acknowledges and agrees that all rights in and to the Training Courses and the Course Materials or copies thereof are and will always remain the sole and exclusive property of Stardog. Unauthorized copying, transmission, or recording of Training Courses or Course Materials is strictly prohibited. Course titles and content are subject to change by Stardog without notice.
The Training Services provided by SATS include Instructor-led Courses (Public, Private Virtual, and Private Onsite), on-demand courses, and Custom Training. All training courses are for registered participants only. Non-Registered individuals may not attend or view any course. Requests to cancel or reschedule any course must be received in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org and confirmed by Stardog at least seven (7) days prior to the scheduled start date of the applicable learning course. Private courses must be rescheduled by Customer and delivered by Stardog prior to the contractual end date. Any customer who is a No Show for a course will be charged the applicable course fee. Any request to cancel or reschedule outside the specified timeframe will be reviewed on an individual basis and may or may not be approved. Registered students are responsible for meeting the minimum system requirements to participate in virtually delivered courses.
Training Services may be billed in advance or in arrears following the delivery of each course. Any unused training funds as of the End Date, shall expire and be forfeited by the Customer.
Public Training Courses: Public courses are instructor-led courses held either virtually or at a Stardog-approved training center. Attendees register for public courses by emailing email@example.com.
Private Virtual Training Courses: Private virtual courses are instructor-led courses delivered exclusively for a specific Customer. A maximum of 12 students are permitted per course, unless otherwise specified in the contractual agreement.
Private Onsite Training Courses: Private onsite courses are instructor-led courses delivered at the Customer’s location. Payment for private onsite training courses is handled with a Statement of Work and will include training cost plus travel and expenses for instructor(s). A maximum of 12 students are permitted per course, unless otherwise specified in the contractual agreement.
Custom Training Projects: Custom Training Projects are Training services uniquely delivered for a specific Customer. Such projects are developed through collaboration between Stardog and the Customer. Custom Training Projects are priced and delivered on a time-and-material basis only. Customer shall be liable for any travel expenses incurred by Stardog in connection with the Custom Training Project. Such expenses will be charged at cost without markup.
SATS Training Services may be paid for by credit card or ACH bank transfer.
Credit Card – Purchase of certain Training Services can be made by Apple Pay, Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. Any purchase made using a credit card is subject to these Terms and Conditions. Credit card purchases are non-cancelable and non-refundable once made.
Effective April 18, 2023