Stardog 9 includes a range of new features and enhancements that enable organizations to more easily connect their data, people, and processes, while also improving performance, scalability, and security. With this release, Stardog strengthens its position as a modern knowledge graph powered semantic layer with new integrations for Azure Synapse, Collibra Data Governance and Databricks. Some of the key benefits include:
- Expanded Data Access: Stardog 9 supports federated access to Azure Synapse which enhances connectivity to data in Azure Data Lake Storage Gen-2 (ADLS2), further reducing the friction in accessing and connecting data through meaning for self-serve analytics.
- Activated Metadata: Stardog 9 extends Stardog’s Knowledge Catalog to quickly and easily harvest enterprise metadata with new integrations for Collibra and Microsoft Purview Data catalogs (in-preview mode only), and any JDBC-accessible data source. These integrations make it easy to semantically-enrich technical metadata with business concepts and enabling Data Governance teams and end users to easily search, query, and explore available data assets with an Enterprise Metadata Knowledge Graph.
- Smart, Automated Entity Linking Across Data Silos: Stardog 9 can easily identify and link data associated with business objects — for example, person, customer, supplier, location, product, etc. — across your data landscape for better decisions in support of use-cases from Customer 360 to Digital Twin to Fraud Detection, leveraging the power of Databricks Spark to process data at scale.
Join me and our Product Team on Thursday, April 13 at 11:00 AM Eastern time as we walk through the latest capabilities and provide a preview of what’s next.
And now, here’s a look at the new capabilities in…
Now Stardog supports Synapse which increases the number and fidelity of data connections and removes more barriers so you can take advantage of your data where it already lives.
Quickly and easily harvest all your metadata as part of the Stardog Knowledge Catalog. With prebuilt integrations to Databricks Unity, and now Collibra, Microsoft Purview (preview only), and any JDBC-accessible source, you can search, query, and explore all data assets and create a metadata knowledge graph.
Identify and link entities across your data silos with our new Entity Resolution service. Gain a single view of entities for better decision making from Patient 360 to Fraud and Compliance. This new beta service utilizes unsupervised machine learning and external compute resources like Databricks Spark to process large data volumes.
Gain an additional layer of high availability for reads and multi-region disaster recovery with our new support for Geo-replication for high availability which allows you to run read replicas in different geographic regions.
- Automatically create classes based on your project resources with mappings. This means you can start with just a CSV file or a SQL table and Stardog will create your model using that information along with the mappings which results in a full-fledge knowledge graph in fewer steps.
- Define new data sources to your Stardog Endpoint as part of adding project resources saving you time when mapping in new data.
- Bring multiple tables from the same data source into Designer in a single step. This eliminates importing each table separately speeding up the first step in creating virtual graphs.
- Save Queries from Stardog Explorer’s Query Builder. This eliminates the need to re-create queries for visual analysis and allows you to collaborate more efficiently with your team.
- Query Builder also has a new “in” operator which enables you to query for a set of instances. You will also see improved performance for queries which specify instances directly.
- And speaking of query building, you can now use an “Any Class” instance when you are querying for patterns that exist across multiple class types.
As always, a full list of changes is in the Release Notes.
And stayed tuned for additional Stardog Cloud announcements later this month!